Temperatures are projected to drop close to zero over the next week in Columbus. Save yourself the headache of frozen pipes by following these tips.
- Make sure your outside garden hose is removed if you haven't already.
- If your plumbing is on an exterior wall, open cabinet doors below sinks or where water lines run.
- When running water to keep lines from freezing, run at a steady trickle, not just a drip.
- Do NOT trickle water if your drain lines are exposed to outdoor freezing temperatures, as in under mobile homes.
- Keep garage doors closed if you have water lines, water heaters, or a water softener inside the garage.
- If water pipes freeze, they may burst. When these pipes thaw, flooding can occur.
Enjoy looking at that beautiful snow from the comfort of your home, or bundled up and sledding down a hill!