Hot water shouldn’t be a luxury.
For any homeowner in the market for a water heater, wanting to lower utility bills or simply choosing to help the environment, a tankless water heater may be a good option.
Tankless water heaters are up to 98% energy efficient. Standard water heaters with a tank are up to 62% efficient. The difference in efficiency equals annual energy savings.
Energy efficient choices can save homeowners about a third on their energy bill, according to ENERGY STAR, a joint program of the U.S. Department of Energy.
Benefits of going tankless:
- Hot water is on demand. There’s no waiting for water to heat or reheat.
- You won’t run out of hot water.
- Longer warranty than a water heater with a tank.
- Tankless water heaters last about three times longer.
- Pulls the air from the outside instead of heated air from your home.
You should be looking for a water heater if your current tank system is 7-10 years old.
*Tankless rebates are available from Vectren and other gas utilities. For more information about the rebates visit your utility company’s website.